Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding replaces ICD-9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
Positions in this function include basic clerical functions including records maintenance, light typing, filing and report preparation.
- Applies knowledge / skills to activities that often vary from day to day.
- Demonstrates a moderate level of knowledge and skills in own function.
- Requires little assistance with standard and non-standard requests.
- Solves routine problems on own.
- Works with supervisor to solve more complex problems.
- Prioritizes and organizes own work to meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Works with others as part of a team.
- Utilizes/maintains applicable office equipment and systems (e.g., fax; scanner; phone systems; personal computers)Utilize/maintain relevant platforms and systems (e.g., claims processing; FACETS; Macess; UPS Shipping)
- Identifies and troubleshoot equipment issues when applicable before contacting repair personnel
- Contacts appropriate personnel in order to perform office equipment repairs
- Manages/monitors/procures office supplies, goods and services
- Receives information (e.g., medical records; physician letters; general correspondence) from stakeholders (e.g., providers; clients)
- Verifies information (e.g., member information; type of record) and include work queue driver prior to entering information into data entry work queue
- Works with stakeholders (e.g., internal partners; providers; members) to clarify, confirm, and/or gather additional information
- Scans documents into data entry queue ensuring appropriate personnel have access
- Pulls relevant data from reports received
- Enters relevant data and information into appropriate systems/tools (e.g., spreadsheets) that can be utilized for reports
- Reviews completed documentation to ensure data entry quality and accuracy
- Ensures confidentiality regulations and rules (e.g., PHI; HIPAA) and/or compliance guidelines are complied with when gathering and/or entering data and information
- Generates reports in relevant systems needed to prepare additional reports for stakeholders
- Monitors, tracks, and/or integrates data and information (e.g., operations; claims; performance) into documents and reports
- Performs quality checks prior to distribution to ensure reports and documents are accurate
- Submits reports to applicable stakeholders (e.g., management) in order to obtain approval when needed
- Reviews current reports/documents/processes to identify potential improvements or changes
- Opens mail (e.g., physical; email; e-fax) to determine type of documents/attachments contained
- Reviews documents/attachments to ensure appropriate information has been provided
- Scans or stamp mail/documents with the date received
- Creates and send (e.g., mail; fax; email) pertinent forms to submitters to correct/gather missing information when necessary
- Revises and/or adds to documents/attachments as needed prior to processing
- Ensures confidentiality regulations and rules (e.g., PHI; HIPAA) are complied with when reviewing and/or distributing data and information
- Submits documents and reports to relevant stakeholders (e.g., management; providers; members; internal partners) following appropriate departmental procedures
- Ensures records and files are stored and managed in accordance with files/records management procedures and regulations
- Creates electronic/paper files needed to store documents
- Reviews records to identify files that can be shredded or submitted to records storage
- Submits files to records management using appropriate procedures/forms
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 6+ months of medical record experience handling patient records
- EMR (electronic medical record) knowledge
- Strong computer skills
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: clerk, insurance,faxing,filing, medical records, UHG, United Health Group