Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our Service Centers, improve our Service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 14 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their Healthcare needs, and stay on track with their Health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance.
- Identify nursing staffing needs
- Work with the junior level staff to insure metrics are met
- Perform as a SME (Subject Matter Expert)
- Resolve Customer Service inquiries which could include:
- Entering notifications and Providers' status of an existing inquiry, and determining if follow up is required
- Provide excellent Customer Service to both Providers and members
- Constantly meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining good attendance
- Assist with faxes and emails
- Must be able to work Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm, with flexible schedule as needed – must be able to work some weekends, every three weeks Saturday and Sunday.
- High School Diploma or GED (or higher)
- Experience in areas of Insurance Benefits or Healthcare
- Beginner experience in using Microsoft Windows based PC software (this includes Word, Excel, and Outlook creating, saving, editing documents, spreadsheets, and email usage)
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- Understanding of HIPAA Regulations
- Professional experience with Medical Terminology
- Ability to multitask in a face pace work environment
- Good communication, verbal and written skills
Careers with AxelaCare. Discover a health services career that encourages your professional growth while delivering steadfast commitment to exceptional patient care. That's what you discover at AxelaCare. We were founded by a close group of medical professionals in Lenexa, KS to provide patient-focused, state of the art home infusion services for acute, hemophilia and Intravenous Immune Blobulin (IVIG) therapies. Today we collaborate with leading doctors to develop breakthrough technologies for patient outcomes assessment; and we recently joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies. It all reinforces our commitment to empowering people in the pursuit and delivery of exceptional patient care, and creating personalized career paths to discovering your life's best work
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: clinical; medical; coordinator; scheduler; administrative