Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Let's talk about meaningful work. UnitedHealth Group is always looking for new ways to improve our ability to deliver high-quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you'll help make every contact informative, productive and positive for our members and providers. You'll have a chance to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. It's truly an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale.
- Effectively engages members over the phone via both inbound and outbound that qualify for our programs
- Provides quality, consumer focused customer services
- Accurately documents consumer interaction and appropriately follow all processes and procedures
- Stay abreast of all customer specific details, to ensure high quality customer service
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience in a Customer Service environment (proven customer service skills and experience)
- Bachelor's Degree of Arts or Sciences (or higher)
- Call Center experience (preferably sales and customer service)
- Ability to operate within the Microsoft Office applications (Ability to create, edit, copy, send and save documents, correspondence, and spreadsheets in Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-motivated, flexible person who can flourish in an virtual setting with colleagues as well as in a self-structured independent setting
- Ability to communicate in person, by phone, or via e-mail in a professional and friendly manner
- Ability to be engaging over the phone
- Ability to accept constructive feedback for continual improvement
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Healthcare, Customer Service, Telephonic, Clinical, Claims