Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
If you're ready to help make health care work better for more people, you can make a historic impact on the future of health care at UnitedHealth Care Community & State.
We contract with states and other government agencies to provide care for over two million individuals. Working with physicians and other care providers, we ensure that our members obtain the care they need with a coordinated approach.
This enables us to break down barriers, which makes health care easier for our customers to manage. That takes a lot of time. It takes a lot of good ideas. Most of all - it takes an entire team of talent. Individuals with the tenacity and the dedication to make things work better for millions of people all over our country.
You can be a part of this team. You can put your skills and talents to work in an effort that is seriously shaping the way health care services are delivered.
This is not an entry level position. You will be providing care coordination telephonically completing assessments and documentation within a clinical system while multitasking other applications gathering information to support member’s needs. Must have excellent typing, writing and grammar skills. Primary responsibilities are telephonic case management and some administrative responsibilities for the clinical department related to member care. This is a very fast-paced environment working with 10+ people. We are looking for a team player who is goal oriented, self-motivated, takes initiative and is willing to learn in a fast environment.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Manage administrative intake and data entry for clinical team of membership
- Work with providers and / or the clinical team to manage request for long term and respite services
- Manage notifications, processing incoming and outgoing referrals, and prior authorizations, including intake, notification and census roles
- Receive care coordination notification cases for non-clinical assessment / intervention and provide appropriate triage
- Assist the clinical staff with setting up documents / triage cases for Clinical Coverage Review
- Process and distribute custom reports to providers and clinical staff
- Multitasking with multiple platforms and applications
- Inbound / outbound phone calls to providers other internal departments to assist with notifications, documentation
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 1+ years of experience using the telephone and computer as primary instruments
- 1+ years of healthcare administration and / or business administration experience
- Experience using a computer and Microsoft Office - Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates), Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort, filter, and work within tables), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Experience with medical terminology
- Claims and / or healthcare insurance experience