For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Over the last 17 years, the multispecialty medical group of independent practices has expanded into new communities, contracted with more hospitals and health plans, and added over 50 new doctors - but the mission has remained the same. Today, AppleCare Medical is comprised of hundreds of board - certified private - practice, independent physicians. Collectively, our physicians have been serving the Southeast area of Los Angeles and Northern Orange County for decades, providing their medical expertise and passion to improving the health of our communities.
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Senior Clinical Pharmacist to join our team.
The Senior Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for assisting and supporting the Director of Pharmacy in strategic planning, development of pharmacy initiatives related to pharmacoeconomics, utilization management and Pay for Performance with a focus on improved health outcomes. Duties and Responsibilities will also include:
- Assist the Director of Pharmacy in planning, and implementing physician education programs related to new treatment modalities for various disease states, HEDIS/P4P, CMS Star Ratings, Medicare Part B and & D drugs, and pharmacy utilization management best practices
- Performs telephonic medication reviews for patients
- Available and acts as a clinical/pharmacy resource for Clinical Service’s case managers including identifying high volume/high cost pharmacy utilizing members and assisting with the development of case management planning
- Maintains a working knowledge of changes in pharmacy practice, including pharmacy laws and drugs, and applies this knowledge in the performance of daily activities
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and provides additional orientation, training and skill development to internal staff and external customers on an ongoing basis
- Participates in the Clinical Services Medical Management Team and collaborates with the Pharmacy Dept. in all strategic planning
- Counsels patients and their care givers on safe and appropriate use of drugs
- PharmD - Current and unrestricted Pharmacist License for the State of CA is required
- 3 or more years of Clinical Pharmacist experience or Completion of a 1 year Clinical Pharmacy Residency Program
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with IPAs, medical groups or direct patient contact
- Leadership experience is a plus
OptumCare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM Careers with OptumCare. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AppleCare Medical is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing. Job Keywords: Clinical Pharmacist, Pharmacy, managed care, Disease Management, Medical Group, PharmD, La Palma, CA