DescriptionThe Senior Coding Educator identifies opportunities to improve provider documentation and creates an education plan tailored to each assigned provider. The Senior Coding Educator work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Coding Educator reviews medical records and arranges educational sessions with providers aimed at quality of care and documentation improvements. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- AHIMA or AAPC CPC (Certified Professional Coder) Certification required
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Problem solve complex issues
- Guide business and leadership in process improvement
- Medical record review knowledge
- Bachelors degree
Scheduled Weekly Hours40