If you are looking for a way to help others, while you put your customer service skills to good use, this may be the career for you. As a member of our medical collections team, your ability to communicate, persuade and convey payment urgency is critical to the overall success of our company. You'll consult directly with our customers to identify reasons for late payments and set up payment plans that are mutually agreeable. Your work will not only impact the bottom line, but it will also make a difference in the lives of our customers, greatly reducing their financial burden. At the end of the day, you'll know you are doing your life's best work(sm).
We are looking for a Senior Collections Representative to support the UnitedHealthcare Global Risk and Assistance business. UnitedHealthcare Global is the international division of UnitedHealth Group and serves over 4 million customers, principally in Brazil, but also residing in over 125 countries. We provide a unique, in - house range of health and mobilization solutions including health care insurance, risk mitigation, security, emergency response and care delivery. Our solutions enable global organizations to overcome the growing challenge of improving health and productivity while managing costs. Clients include multi - national and local businesses, governments, non - US health insurers and travel insurers, reinsurers, individuals and their families.
The Senior Collections Representative will play a key part in our Finance team and build upon the foundation to enable future growth. This position is responsible for Assistance, Risk and Security Services billing, customer disputes and resolution, analysis of receivable balances, quality assessment and supporting cash application and collections. Also, the representative will assist management by providing various reports as needed.
- Prepare and maintain records of accounts receivable, including subscription billing, receipts and overdue invoices
- Interact with customers gathering support data to ensure invoice accuracy and also work through specific billing discrepancies
- Educate customers regarding the availability of receiving invoices and remitting payments through online applications
- Manage the preparation of invoices and complete reconciliation of billing with accounts receivables
- Perform periodic and month - end balancing and reporting activities
- Complete cash application and collection duties
- May also include quality assurance and audit of billing activities
- Meet billing team productivity, quality and customer service standards
- Provide input to policies, systems, methods and procedures for the effective management and control of the billing function
- Accounts Receivable (A / R) and Accounts Payable (A / P)
- Perform other duties as assigned
School Diploma / GED or higher
- 1+ years work experience in either billing, claims processing or claims resolution
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Excel (ability to create and edit spreadsheets)
- Experience with Financial software applications
- Two or four year degree in Business or Accounting
- Previous experience analyzing and solving customer issues
- Experience with Great Plains
- Foreign currency transaction experience
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Suite PowerPoint, Word and Visio (ability to create, edit and save)
- Risk Management industry experience a plus
Ability to solve routine problems independently
Work with others for instruction, guidance and to solve more complex issues
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and process discipline
Ability to multi-task, including the ability to understand multiple products and processes
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, Military families and Veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords:UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Accounting, Associate, Accounts Payable, Collections