As a Senior Collection Representative with Optum360, you will work with your team members to help identify and resolve issues and serve as a resource for day - to - day operations. Your primary role will be to contact and consult with patients and/or their families who have outstanding medical bills. While ensuring that payment is received for these bills is important, you will also need to provide assistance and support to these individuals as they may be dealing with a medical or financial crisis.
This position is full - time (40 hours / week) with our site Hours of Operation from 6:00 am - 6:00 pm. We do require our employees to be flexible enough to work any shift, any day of the week during those hours.
This function is responsible for insurance premium collections. Positions in this function contact customers to determine reason for payment delinquency. Negotiate and advise on collection of overdue bills and take appropriate action to recover overdue payments. Handles unresolved inquiries / issues. Responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and managing organization policies on collection practices. May work with outside legal counsel and / or outside agencies in more complex collection cases.
- Serves as a resource or Subject Matter Expert (SME) for other team members or internal customers to help identify and resolve issues
- Handles escalated and complex customer issues, helping to provide resolution and settlement of account
- Contacts customers through a variety of methods (e - mail, form letters and phone calls) to discuss, negotiate payment and resolve outstanding medical bill accounts and balances
- Obtains agreement, after discussion with customer, on potential balance payoff and / or payment terms within stated level of authority and guideline limits
- Performs research and documents on various computer systems customer information regarding current status, payment expectations, notes of conversations and other relevant information
- Prepares and submits reports to internal management on status of outstanding medical bills and proposed / planned payment settlement details
- May in some instances transfer settlement of account and related information to external collection agencies and remains in contact with them regarding further payment activity
- Extensive work experience within own function
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures
- Works independently
- May act as a resource for others
- May coordinate others' activities
- High School Diploma / GED
- 2+ years of Collections experience
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation (6:00am - 6:00pm) including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and / or weekends, as needed
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.