At Wells Fargo, our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
So expand your knowledge and advance your career by joining the Corporate Credit Risk, Real Estate Valuation Services (REVS) Group as a Valuation Consultant 2. As the largest mortgage originator and servicer in the country, understanding the value of real estate is critical. Real Estate Valuation Services (REVS) serves as an independent risk management function within Corporate Credit that:
- Interprets appraisal regulation and sets Corporate Valuation Policy
- Communicates with regulators on pending and proposed regulations
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring that compliant valuation processes and practices are in place for all valuations across Wells Fargo
- Leads the industry in real estate valuation processes and execution
The position works in a support function in the REVS-RETECHS commercial real estate department. In conjunction with RETECHS Group Head and leaders of its professional service lines, it collaborates with internal professional staff, vendors, account officers, attorneys & management to ensure we consistently provide a quality product to our partners and customers within agreed upon service levels.
RETECHS provides support for 3 types of due diligence work: Appraisals, Construction, and Environmental. The ideal candidate, for the Valuation Consultant 2 position, will have the ability to effectively partner and influence executive leadership while also ensuring the business runs efficiently, supports the customer needs and always remains in compliance.
This candidate will be responsible for complex evaluations, appraisals and appraisal reviews/consultations to loan officers for properties in a geographic area. Duties will include critical thinking when the request for a valuation service is routed to the appraiser. To determine the level of evaluation or appraisal necessary for the project, based upon regulations (FIRREA and USPAP) and bank policy such as: the loan amount, property type, and line of business requirement. The candidate selects the best valuation product for the project and places the project out for bid, if 3rd party services are required. The Valuation Consultant 2 is the point of contact for the account officer and vendor throughout the valuation process
General duties for this individual might include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews commercial real estate evaluations and appraisal reports, ensuring that reports are in compliance with federal regulatory and bank policy guidelines.
- Prepares detailed review documents including descriptions of area and site, market data, and investment information. Highlights risks regarding the real estate, its market, and any physical, legal or economic issues the Bank should be aware of relative to the asset/loan.
- Maintains market knowledge of real estate values, pertinent industry data/trends and property developments.
- May oversee less experienced evaluators/appraisers.
- This level valuation consultant may perform internal evaluations, appraisals, and/or consulting assignments, for a variety of commercial/investment/and agricultural property types.
- 4+ years of valuation experience
- Certified Appraiser
- Commercial real estate experience
- Knowledge and understanding of real estate valuations and titles
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Customer service focus with the ability to listen to customer needs and recommend solutions
- Certified General Appraiser
- A BBA, BS/BA college degree or higher; with course work in Appraisal, Real Estate, Finance, Development, Accounting and Construction preferred
- Well versed in USPAP and FIRREA requirements (Knowledge of CUSPAP is a plus)
- Knowledge/experience with ARGUS is helpful and preferred.
- Participation in an appraisal organization such (e.g. Appraisal Institute, American Society of Appraisers, similar real estate/appraisal organizations, etc.) is preferred
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.