At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
The Legal Department is seeking an experienced attorney to join its Cards and Personal Loans Section. The individual selected will join a growing team of legal professionals responsible for providing legal support for consumer general purpose credit cards and co-brand credit cards. Primary responsibilities will involve providing legal support for general purpose credit cards in the areas of product development; marketing in all major channels, including digital and using influencers; and providing legal support for co-brand credit card programs, including responding to RFPs, negotiating co-brand program agreements, and supporting co-brand credit card relationships.Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience as a practicing attorney; or 8+ years of experience as a practicing attorney and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following areas: risk, compliance, contracts, government/regulatory, financial services, or technology
- Active State Bar membership
- Experience as a recognized expert in complex field(s) of law, providing expert legal services to senior management and significant groups in highly complex legal field(s)
- Experience advising senior management on changes in laws and regulations
- Ability to evaluate impacts based on changes in laws/regulations and develop company response
- Experience developing and executing appropriate solutions to complex problems
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to collaborate inside and outside of the legal department
- Ability to motivate, communicate, delegate and enable confidence in others
- Ability to take an active role in the education, mentoring and training of less experienced team members
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working for a major credit card issuer
- Extensive experience, knowledge and understanding of:
- credit card product development and support
- marketing copy review
- marketing in all major channels, especially including digital, television, and influencer marketing
- Regulation Z, CARD Act, UDAAP, FCRA
- The existing credit card regulatory environment and experience with the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection (BCFP)
- co-brand credit cards, including responding to RFPs, negotiating co-brand contracts and program agreements
- rewards, merchant funded rewards, and similar loyalty programs
- payment networks and systems, such as American Express and Visa
- merchant acquiring and merchant relationships
- credit card product and marketing innovation
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 90 S 7th St - Minneapolis, MN
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.