At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
The Legal Department seeks an experienced attorney to lead its fair lending team within the consumer protection section. The attorney will serve as the primary enterprise fair lending legal subject matter expert, and provide legal counsel to senior executives—including those in the lines of business, risk, and compliance—on a full range of compliance, supervisory, and enforcement matters. The individual will coordinate and manage a team of other lawyers and paralegals to ensure a consistent approach when reviewing new or existing business products, policies, or practices. The attorney’s compliance responsibilities will include directing, monitoring, and interpreting qualitative and quantitative fair lending risk assessments, including statistical analyses. The attorney will also provide counsel to Wells Fargo business units in fair lending exams and other supervisory actions, as well as provide subject matter expertise in fair lending enforcement investigations and litigation.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 10+ years of experience as a practicing attorney; or 8+ years of experience as a practicing attorney and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following areas: risk, compliance, contracts, government/regulatory, financial services, or technology
- Active State Bar membership
- Experience as a recognized expert in complex field(s) of law, providing expert legal services to senior management and significant groups in highly complex legal field(s)
- Experience advising senior management on changes in laws and regulations
- Ability to evaluate impacts based on changes in laws/regulations and develop company response
- Experience developing and executing appropriate solutions to complex problems
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to collaborate inside and outside of the legal department
- Ability to motivate, communicate, delegate and enable confidence in others
- Ability to take an active role in the education, mentoring and training of less experienced team members
- Excellent project management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience analyzing and counseling clients regarding fair lending laws and regulations.
- Experience developing and interpreting fair lending statistical analyses.
- Experience in fair lending supervisory and/or enforcement matters.
- Experience in other consumer lending areas, such as UDAAP, TILA, FCRA, and FDCPA.
- Ability to quickly and effectively analyze complex laws, regulations and the external risk environment, and to succinctly and competently provide effective solution-based legal advice taking into consideration legal risk and business objectives.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues, peers and professional staff as well as client groups in providing legal advice, and to operate successfully in a horizontal fashion across a legal group or similar professional organization.
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 90 S 7th St - Minneapolis, MN
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
DC-Washington: 1750 H St Nw - Washington, DC
CA-SF-South Of Market Area: 45 Fremont Street - San Francisco, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.