Positions in this function monitor changes to laws and regulations to ensure compliance with State & Federal laws, regulations and mandates. Establish and implement standard policies, procedures, processes and best practices across UNITEDHEALTH GROUP to promote compliance with applicable laws and contractual obligations. Conduct state - specific legal research and monitor changes to requirements to mitigate risks and achieve compliance. Support the collection of data for regulatory filings, coordinate and develop reports, projects, assessment tools to verify compliance. May develop compliance communications and drive problem resolution for a business.
The Senior Compliance Coordinator - Phoenix, AZ (Telecommute) will be back up for Medicaid deliverables and posting deliverables to a secure server. Will assist with Fraud, Waste and Abuse which includes tracking, trending and reporting to the Medicaid Inspector General FWA. Will conduct compliance education with all staff, including fraud waste and abuse education and Medicaid requirements. Will provide Ethics and Integrity education. Will conduct oversight and education on Protected Health Information, HIPAA oversight and education and a monthly update to all employees on compliance. Will review member materials and ensure regulatory approval process is completed. Will ensure education provided on Federal False Claims Act and its provisions, will track compliance education and annual updates. Will assist the compliance officer in audit review and preparation, and quality review of deliverables.
The Compliance Analyst will be responsible for monitoring changes with internal laws and regulations to ensure compliance with State and Federal guidelines. This individual will be responsible to establish, mandate and implement standard policies, procedures and best practices across the company to promote compliance with applicable laws and contractual obligations.
- Conduct state - specific legal research.
- Monitor changes in requirements to mitigate risks and achieve compliance.
- Support the collection of data for regulatory filings.
- Monitor external regulatory audits.
- Create regulatory reporting.
- Develop compliance communications and drive problem resolution for a business segment across United Health Group.
- High School Diploma or GED (or higher)
- 1+ year working experience in a government or healthcare environment in compliance
- 1 + year or Medicaid and Long - Term Care experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Word (creating and editing documents), Excel (general spreadsheet navigation and data entry) and Outlook (email and calendar)
- Able to work Monday – Friday during core business hours 8 am to 5 pm PST
- Bachelor's degree (or higher)
- Proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint (creating and editing slides) and WebEx knowledge (presenting or setting up meetings)
- Experience in training preferred
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near - obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, Military families and Veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Phoenix, AZ, Medicaid, Long Term Care, Healthcare Compliance, Analyst, UHG, UnitedHealth Care, Compliance Coordinator