Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Sr Contract Manager develops a hospital and facility network (hospitals, ancillary groups & facilities, etc.) yielding a geographically competitive, broad access, stable network that achieves objectives for unit cost performance and trend management, and produces an affordable and predictable product for customers and business partners. The Sr Contract Manager evaluates and negotiates contracts in compliance with company contract templates, reimbursement structure standards, and other key process controls. Responsibilities also include establishing and maintaining strong business relationships with Hospital or Ancillary providers, and ensuring the network composition includes an appropriate distribution of provider specialties. This position will work with commercial, government and any other lines of business.
- Hospital, Ambulatory Surgery Centers and other Ancillary contracting primarily in the Georgia market
- Own an end to end contracting process including, but not limited to, using available technology to create contracts, negotiate financial and contract terms, and implement final contract
- Led, supervise and / or mentor employees
- Develop detailed, and concise negotiation strategy and plans to yield desired outcome of the organization
- Build and / or maintain collaborative relationships with key external and internal partners
- Apply network configuration and incentive - based payment models as appropriate to improve quality and efficiency
- Identify and resolve technical, operational and organizational problems outside own team
- Product, service or process decisions are most likely to impact entire functions and/or customer accounts (internal or external)
- Effectively interact and collaborate with designated individuals for each line of business and matrix partners
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in a network management-related role handling complex network providers with accountability for business results
- 5+ years of experience in the health care industry
- 5+ years of experience in contributing to the development of product pricing and utilizing financial modeling in making rate decisions
- Knowledge of hospital and facility reimbursement methodologies such as DRGs, APCs, Per-diem, Ambulatory Surgery Center Groupers, etc.
- Experience with MS Excel
- Must live within commutable distance of the location listed for this specific career opportunity (Georgia preferred)
- Post-graduate degree
- Experience with provider contracting
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, conveying complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret complex information form others, including but not limited to reimbursement policy standards
- Strong interpersonal skills, establishing rapport and working well with others
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director. Hospital Contractor, Network Contractor, Facility, Healthcare, Contracting, Account Manager, Negotiation, Business Development, Manager, Consultant, Based Relative Value System (RBRVS), medical cost, product pricing Atlanta, GA, Norcross, GA, Georgia