Department:OH1MH_62500_001 Social Services Mce
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
Our administrative and clerical colleagues play a vital role. At Mount Carmel we believe that teamwork extends beyond the front-lines of patient care and extends to all of us. It’s the commitment and attention to detail that starts here that ensures we’re delivering exceptional experiences to our patients and their families.
The Senior Case Management extender would work under the direction of the RN Care Managers, Utilization Review Care Manager and the Social Workers. This position functions with his/her peers and other care providers for problem solving and facilitating in-patient and post hospitalization care. And coordinate, oversee records and transmit information pertinent to the resource management of patients.
- Associate's Degree or High School Diploma and equivalent relevant experience required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Medical assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) highly preferred.
- 5-7 years of customer service, medical assistance or secretarial experience preferred. Prior experience in a medical setting required
- Ability to organize and utilize work hours effectively and with minimal supervision
- Medical terminology preferred
- Enter authorization notes in Cerner-from insurance calls, faxes and authorizations in HealthQuest
- Communicate information received from payers to utilization review nurse.
- Transmit continued stay reviews and track authorizations
- Verify attendance at pain clinic/Suboxone/Methadone clinic and complete HENS/PASSR
- Scheduling PCP/follow up appointments
- Faxing and phoning agencies and facilities to assist with discharge referrals and continuity of care
- Assist with delivery of charity items-clothing/DME/meal cards, etc. and complete transportation application and arrange transportation as needed for patients at discharge
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.