Here’s your opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a new in-house creative team of one of the largest, most successful retailers in the US. The Senior Copywriter will be integral in creating compelling content for one of the nation’s most popular retail brands across various channels and media, with a special emphasis on catalogs, circulars, campaigns and other print collateral. The position reports to the Copy Director. Our offices are in lower Manhattan. We are seeking someone with strong copywriting experience for top-level brands who wants to be the beginning of a world-class in-house creative team. If you have a pioneer spirit, are enthusiastic, and thrive in a fast-paced, nimble [changed from ‘reactive’ b/c that has negative connotation] environment, then you are a great candidate.
• Conceptualize, write and edit catalogs, circulars, marketing campaigns and tag lines, event signage, and more with creative copy that is on brief, on time, and effectively engages the target audience and conveys the brand.
• Develop creative concepts that break through the marketplace clutter and position us as the store of choice in our categories.
• Ideate content that can be used in multiple forms across marketing channels.
• Assist copy director and creative director on brand voice and content development.
• Collaborate with cross-channel partners to align with the company’s brand strategy.
• Incorporate feedback, comments and changes from senior staffers and cross-functional teams swiftly and with a positive, solution-driven attitude.
• Handle multiple projects at the same time and delegate tasks to junior team members as needed.
• Manage and mentor junior team members, supervising projects and editing their work.
• 7+ years of relevant professional experience
• 1-2 years in a management role
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field
• Exceptional writing, editing and communication skills, plus a strong understanding of brand marketing and marketing channels.
• Familiarity with various project types, including catalogs, circulars, signage and packaging.
• Energetic and self-motivated, with the desire and ability to collaborate with other internal departments to boost messaging impact.
• Organized and detail-oriented, with exceptional time management skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects.
• Significant catalog-writing experience
• Experience in retail industry
• Experience in a world-class creative agency and/or a start-up environment
• Experience writing about home design
TRAITS WE VALUE:
• Enthusiasm for being part of a highly productive and efficient creative team
• Drive to see projects through to the end and deal with the adversities along the way
• Collaborative mentality, ability to recognize how to get things done as a team
• Holistic thinker who can keep their eye on the big picture even when focused on details
• Open and flexible to new processes, platform changes, and emerging technologies
• Strong interpersonal skills – effective communicator
• Excellent written communication skills
• Analytical and able to process complex data and glean useful information from it
• Self-confidence and composure to accept critique, process it, and apply the learnings to improve
Please provide a link to your online portfolio or a PDF of your portfolio with your application
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.