At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF) is a leading bank-owned equipment leasing and finance company in the U.S. with a portfolio exceeding $48.9 billion, more than 133,000 active customers and 1,100+ team members with coverage in all 50 states and Canada. WFEF provides a full spectrum of financing and lease options for customers’ equipment and capital expenditure requirements through Wells Fargo business, commercial and corporate banking channels, relationships with equipment manufacturers and distributors and direct to market. WFEF has Industry and Asset-type specialists devoted to Construction Equipment, Commercial and Specialty Vehicles, Healthcare, Energy/Marine, Solar, Vendor Finance Programs and Corporate/Private Aircraft.
Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF) is a nationwide leasing company offering financing to individuals and companies for their equipment needs. The responsibilities of the Senior Credit Analyst will be:
- Analyzes complex financial and credit information for the Commercial business or high net worth customer loan packages according to business unit standards.
- Underwrites loans with aggregate credit exposure based upon approved credit authority limits.
- Investigates credit standards and determines credit worthiness of of high net worth loans.
- Understands financial statements and reports, prepares and analyzes financial statements with MRA.
- Prepares comprehensive credit write-up documenting the customer history, financial and credit performance, transaction and collateral evaluation and risk rating.
- Facilitates the processing of transactions under existing approvals.
- Fosters and maintains Sales contacts in all matters relating to credit applications/processing.
- Facilitates the timely completion of assigned credit applications and periodic financial assessments within risk guidelines.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 4+ years of underwriting experience
- Commercial loan experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting.
- 4+ years of prior underwriting experience, preferably with individual credit authority within a high volume, fast paced commercial equipment underwriting environment.
- Strong credit risk analysis skills relating to financial statement, capacity to pay and collateral risk
- Excellent interpersonal skills
IL-Lincolnshire: 300 Tri State International - Lincolnshire, IL
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.