Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our Service Centers, improve our Service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their Healthcare needs, and stay on track with their Health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance.
This position is for an Senior Credit and Collections Analyst with an advanced investigative skill set. The primary function for this position is working with high profile clients to provide premium customer service while ensuring timely payments of invoices. You are responsible to contact customers to determine reason for payment delinquency; to handle unresolved customer inquiries and work internally to resolve them in a professional manner. This role is entrepreneurial. You will solve customer payment issues; remove obstacles for non - payment; interpret and explain contractual agreements; must have the ability to manage your collections portfolio with minimal guidance and supervision. The role will assist and be responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and managing organization policies on collection practices. There may be times you will work with outside legal counsel and / or outside collection agencies in more complex collection cases.
- Contact internal and external customers to ensure payment made timely on accounts in collection portfolio
- Develop positive relationships while maintaining customer standards with a focus on problem solving
- Investigate and resolve reconciliation discrepancies
- Timely respond to customer inquiries
- Complete monthly delinquency meetings with Finance and business leaders
- Perform effectively in a high volume and fast paced production environment with a high degree of accuracy and productivity
- Perform required tasks independently as well as contribute as needed in a team environment
- Provides explanations and interpretations within collections portfolio
- Submit refunds for customers with credit balances
- Investigate and assist with resolving disputes on customer accounts
- Coordinate with multiple departments to resolve customer service facing issues
- Analyzes and investigates.
- Provide training assistance for new Collection hires
- Provide support to Collection Specialists
- Participate in software testing
- Be a department leader
- Analyze/reconcile accounts Receivable Data
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures.
- Works independently.
- All other tasks assigned by manager
- Associates degree (or higher) and 1+ years of Business to Business Collection experience *will substitute for HS Diploma/GED and 3+ years of B2B collections
- Intermediate level MS Excel experience (Pivot Tables, Sorting Data, and Reconciling)
- Ability to reconcile Customer accounts
- Bachelor degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field
- Experience utilizing GetPaid Collection Software
- Collection Software tool experience
- Accounting Software experience
- Experience in large scale ERP environment
- Prior experience working in a global organization
- Solid negotiation, problem solving and resolution skills
- Quick learning agility, resourceful, self-motivated, and works independently
- Experience multi - tasking and adjusting schedules to meet deadlines in a fast - paced environment
- Strong Analytical Skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Billing; Collections; A/R; Healthcare; UnitedHealth Group; B2B; Accounting; Negotiation; Problem Solving; Reconcile; Finance; Eden Prairie, MN; Credit Balance;
Credit; Collections; Credit Analyst; Collection Analyst; Eden Prairie, MN, Accounts Receivable; Business to Business; Collection Specialist; Credit Specialist