Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding replaces ICD-9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
As a Senior Customer Service Billing Representative you will working in an environment where the patient is at the center of everything that we do individuals in this position typically respond to patients, sales representatives, clients or their representative who have highly sensitive and / or escalated billing issues. The Senior Customer Service Billing Representative will research billing issues in order to respond and resolve them to the patients and companies’ satisfaction. The position will be based out of our West Hills, CA location.
- Ability to perform and act as a back-up to all aspects of Billing Customer Service Rep duties as needed
- Outbound calls to patients, carriers and / or any internal or external source as needed to resolve the issue
- Inbound calls from patients, carriers and / or any internal or external source as needed to resolve the issue
- Written correspondence to patient with resolution if unable to resolve via phone
- Handle sensitive client and patient interactions
- Thorough navigation of both Quest Billing System and the web
- May be a certified Medical Coder and / or involved in medical coding
- Maintain all Compliance and HIPAA regulations at all times
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet quality standards
- Ability to meet production standards
- Ability to handle other projects as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- 1+ years of billing experience
- 1+ years of experience with Windows PC
- Data entry experience (entering customer information)
- Experience using Microsoft Excel (ability to create a professional looking document, add worksheets, copy, paste, sort, freeze, hide cells, sum, create, add, and delete columns)
- Remittance experience
- Healthcare billing experience
- Call center customer service experience
- Experience with NPI registry (Physicians Registry)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, including the ability to type while talking on the phone
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work overtime as needed, based on department needs
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.