You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum –a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
In our call center environment, the network provider is at the center of everything we do. This position will answer calls related to claim remittances and will answer questions related to claim adjudication. The lead will also assist the supervisor in spot auditing claims, related to payment projects and business goals.
- Ability to perform all tasks of a senior billing rep
- Work with network providers
- Answer questions related to claims for outpatient behavioral health
- Effectively communicate with supervisors, peers, billing reps, and others, as appropriate on a regular basis, assuring proper flow of information
- Document calls and claim inquiries
- Assist in resolving inquiries relating to payment
- Work closely with supervisor for resolution
- Assist supervisor on workforce management scheduling / daily schedules
- Provide input and guidance to team members in order to ensure continuous improvement in processes which ultimately improve customer service
- Maintain all Compliance and HIPAA regulations at all times
- Work closely with billing companies who call on behalf of their client, a verified network provider
- Work responsibly with auditors (internal and external)
- Contact Optum Network Management regarding any inquiries related to contracting / practitioner status
- Meet or exceed daily call center production goals and quality standards
- Work on various projects when not on a call; multi-task within the department
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 6+ months of experience in claim processing / billing
- 1+ years of experience in a call center environment
- Ability to work during the operating hours of the site (9:35 AM – 6:05 PM MST) with the ability to work overtime as needed, based on department needs
- Claims processing experience
- Knowledge / understanding of how to review a medical, mental, or behavioral health claim
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Billing; Senior; customer service rep; CSR; Boise, ID; Meridian, ID; Optum