Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
The position is responsible for making daily outbound calls to clients to resolve any missing information issues while updating the system with the correct information. These issues may impact Medical Necessity for all limited covered tests.
- Positions in this function are responsible for providing expertise and customer service support to members, customers and / or providers
- Provide the clients with the necessary tools to assist with providing the correct codes
- Direct phone - based customer interaction to answer and resolve a wide variety of inquiries
- Work independently and acts as a resource for others
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of medical billing experience
- Ability to create and modify spreadsheets, documents, and emails within Microsoft Office including Excel (create, save, and send spreadsheets), Word (create, save, and send documents), and Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Understanding of the following medical terminology / processes: modifiers, CPT codes, ICD - 10, deductible, co - insurance
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
- Experience with Medicare billing
- Experience interacting with hospitals, patient service centers, physician offices to collect missing information
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: billing, claims, customer service, Medicare, medical necessity claims, outbound calls