Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies. You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our Service Centers, improve our Service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up. This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 14 leader. Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their Healthcare needs, and stay on track with their Health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance.
- Ensures quality customer service for internal and external customers:
- Responds to incoming customer service requests, both verbal and written.
- Identifies and assesses customers' needs quickly and accurately.
- Solves problems systematically, using sound business judgment.
- Partners with other billing and eligibility department representatives to resolve complex customer service inquiries.
- Monitors delegated customer service issues to ensure timely and accurate resolution.
- Applies appropriate communication techniques when responding to customers, particularly in stressful situations.
- Informs and educates new customers regarding billing/invoicing set up and billing/payment procedures.
- Places outgoing phone calls to complete follow-up on customer service requests as necessary.
- Responds to customer service inquiries in writing as necessary.
- Processes member terminations (i.e. phone disenrollment).
- Establishes and demonstrates competency in eligibility, billing and receivable systems and associated applications. Implements customer service strategies and recommends related improvements/enhancements.
- Maintains timely, accurate documentation for all appropriate transactions.
- Makes corrections and adjustments.
- Consistently meets established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards.
- Proactively seeks to further develop billing and accounts receivable competencies.
- Keeps management abreast of all outstanding issues.
- Adapts procedures, processes, and techniques to meet the more complex position requirements.
- Participates in load balancing.
- Addresses special (ad-hoc) projects as appropriate.
- Seeks involvement in continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- Ensures quality customer service for internal and external customers.
- Flexibility to work in an operation that is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Including occasional overtime hours.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1+ year of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems, OR 1+ year of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- Available to work 40 hours per week anytime within the operating hours of the site Sunday – Saturday
- Familiarity with Windows PC applications, Microsoft Office Suite (Word - to create and edit documents, Excel- create and retract data from spreadsheets)
- Experience working with HSA, Dependent Care and/or FSA accounts
- Experience working in the Healthcare industry
- Ability to navigate a computer while on the phone
- Ability to multi-task, this includes ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Demonstrated ability in customer service problem resolution and relationship building.
- Has firm understanding of the problems and issues of clients and the business environment.
- Demonstrates customer education and negotiation skills.
- Orientation towards team environment.
Requirements and Work Environment:
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum. Unitedheathgroup, Utah, Customer service, HSA, FSA, senior customer service representative