In this role as Senior Data Analyst, you will be responsible for the management and manipulation of mostly structured data, with a focus on building business intelligence tools, conducting analysis, performing normalization operations, assuring data quality and the analytical integrity of the Business Performance Management team. Responsibilities in this function could include creating specifications to bring data into a common structure, creating product specifications and models, developing data solutions to support analyses, performing analysis, interpreting results, developing actionable insights and presenting recommendations for use across the company. Team members will typically use business intelligence, data visualization, query, analytic and statistical software to build solutions, perform analysis and interpret data. Positions in this function work on predominately descriptive and regression-based analytics and leverage subject matter expert views in the design of their analytics and solutions. Primary Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the building and management of the analytics infrastructure for the Business Performance Management (BPM) team
- Assist in developing new policies, procedures, and training pertaining to data analysis and analytic development
- Assesses and interprets customer needs and requirements.
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems.
- Solves complex problems and/or conducts complex analyses.
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks.
- Translates concepts into practice.
- Provides explanations and information to others on difficult issues.
- Acts as a resource for others with less technical knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Use pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area of expertise
- Work with multiple business units to create solutions as a cross-functional team
- Prioritize and organize own work to meet deadlines
- Ability to identify trends and recommend solutions
- Provide explanations and information to others on topics within area of expertise
- Present analyses, findings, and recommendations to a broader audience including senior leaders
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Healthcare Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Actuarial Science
- 5+ years in enterprise architecture or data warehousing or business intelligence or software development
- Proficiency in at least one programming language with demonstrated experience developing technical solutions: Java, C, .NET, SQL
- Competency to convert research requirements to analytical specifications
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the building and management of an analytics infrastructure for a business performance management team
- Demonstrated time management and project management skills
- Proven experience in assisting with the development of new policies, procedures, and training pertaining to data analysis and analytic development
- Prior experience in working on predominately descriptive and regression-based analytics
- Ability to navigate and drive results in a matrix environment
- Able to recognize technical and analytical problems and solution with minimal supervision
- Effective in fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Ability to document and communicate complex technical concepts
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Excel; Business Intelligence; data visualization; Tableau; Microstrategies; Cognos; SQL, Cypress, CA, California,Sandy, UT, Utah, Hartford, CT, Connecticut