The Sr. Data Analytics Analyst will partner with end users and network development staff to understand business requirements and needs for transforming data into business pertinent information. The business analyst has the ability to understand how information flows across different business processes and systems, and how to use that information to support business objectives. The ideal candidate would have had a technical and data background but has also worked in a business analysis role.
- Report/Business Analysis:
- Communicates with the business/customer to understand business objectives and needs.
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems.
- Solves moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses.
- Translates concepts into practice.
- Acts as a resource for others with less experience.
- Is aware of and understands the dependencies and alignment areas that are required between the business needs and other key areas such as data processing, technical design and development, report production, training, and documentation
- Evaluate network adequacy and accessibility, development opportunities, and network growth to support UHN Network Management strategies and objectives
- Data Analysis:
- Demonstrates an understanding of data modeling (relationships, data types, tables, etc.) and analytics concepts (queries, reporting, association of data sources)
- Interprets requirements and translates them into data requirements (interfaces, data transformation, etc.) for complex projects
- Designs and/or develops specific databases for collection, tracking, and reporting to facilitate analysis
- Identify data validation risks and solutions/strategies
- Explains difficult concepts comfortably at the manager/director level
- Creates deliverable templates and prepares written materials
- Expresses independent view constructively, even when others disagree
- Communicates effectively with clients and team members
- Creates work products using standard software packages (Visio, Word, Access, Excel)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience performing significant data analysis and report development
- Advanced level of programming knowledge (reporting code) and of relational databases, database structures and design, systems design, data management, data warehouse.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Advanced degree
- Healthcare insurance industry experience
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.