DescriptionBe a part of the Provider Analytics team -- Be in a challenging, high-impact position where you will be closely connected to advanced analytics professionals with problems requiring complex technology solutions and where you are given the flexibility and authority to implement these solutions within quick turnaround times.
• Design, implement, test and support robust, scalable data stores and pipelines using open source and standard commercial technologies
• Work in close collaboration with data scientists and other software developers to optimize the effectiveness of structured/unstructured data platforms and analytics systems
• Evolve the team’s technology stack and your own technical toolkit through hands-on innovation
The Senior Software Engineer codes software applications based on business requirements. The Senior Software Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Software Engineer standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and debugging and develops fixes. Researches complaints and makes necessary adjustments and/or recommendations to resolve complex software related issues. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Prior hands-on software development experience (C#, Java, C++ or Python) is a must
- Intellectual curiosity and a tenacious appetite for troubleshooting is required
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL and query optimization
- Relational database experience with Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server or similar
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven consultative and client relationships management skills
- Collaborative – will share information, best practices and experiences with others and will be willing to embrace new and innovative ideas.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Prior hands-on experience in a Python development environment
- Prior experience with Hadoop and/or Spark
- Development and/or administration experience in a Linux environment
- Experience working within a software product company or in an equivalent role within technology solutions management, engineering, technical infrastructure or technical operations is preferred
- Experience within healthcare industry and healthcare data
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
Scheduled Weekly Hours40