The Data Engineer is responsible for developing technical solutions to improve access to data and data usage. Additional responsibilities are data architecture, data validation, data cleansing, data transformation as well as writing and scheduling complex data integration jobs required to load the Data Warehouse and Operational database. The Data Engineer will work with cutting edge technologies across three major cloud platforms.
- Engineer a solution for acquiring data and making it available to data scientists
- Design data pipelines to support real-time data access
- Create and maintain scalable, reliable, consistent and repeatable systems that support data operations for advanced analytics
- Experience with data integration tools and ability to learn new ones
- Document data integration jobs and provide reference information regarding deployed and
- scheduled data integration jobs
- Provide insight into appropriate data architecture
- Write complex SQL queries
- Provide assistance to team members with issues needing technical expertise and/or programming knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience writing complex SQL
- Experience with data integration tools (2 or more of these - Talend, SSIS, Pentaho, Matillion, DataStage, Azure Data Factory, AWS Glue, Cloud Dataprep)
- Exposure to health care system data (clinical health information systems, EHR, Health Insurance systems)
- Experience working in cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with a message bus (Pub / Sub, Kinesis, Azure Service Bus)
- Experience with data integration tools (SSIS, Pentaho, Matillion, DataStage, Azure Data
- Factory, AWS Glue, Cloud Dataprep)
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Data Engineer, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota