The Senior Data Engineer is responsible for developing technical solutions to improve access to data and data usage. Additional responsibilities are data architecture, data validation, data cleansing, data transformation as well as writing and scheduling complex data integration jobs required to load the Data Warehouse and Operational database. The Data Engineer will work with cutting edge technologies across three major cloud platforms.
- Engineer a solution for acquiring data and making it available to data scientists
- Design data pipelines to support real - time data access
- Create and maintain scalable, reliable, consistent and repeatable systems that support data operations for advanced analytics
- Experience with data integration tools and ability to learn new ones
- Document data integration jobs and provide reference information regarding deployed and scheduled data integration jobs
- Provide insight into appropriate data architecture
- Write complex SQL queries
- Provide assistance to team members with issues needing technical expertise and / or programming knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience writing complex SQL
- Experince with data integration tools (2 or more of these – Talend, SSIS, Pentaho, Matillion, DataStage, Azure Data Factory, AWS Glue, Cloud Dataprep)
- Exposure to health care system data (clinical health information systems, EHR, Health Insurance systems)
- Experience working in cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with relational, columnar, and / or graph database engines (SQL Server, Postgres, Redshift, BigQuery, Neo4j, AWS Neptune)
- Experience with a message bus (Pub / Sub, Kinesis, Azure Service Bus)
- Experience with data integration tools (SSIS, Pentaho, Matillion, DataStage, Azure Data Factory, AWS Glue, Cloud Dataprep)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with international co - workers
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Data Engineer, Minnetonka, Minnesota, MN