Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
If you want to achieve more in your mission of healthcare, you have to be really smart about the business of healthcare. Challenge yourself, your peers, and our industry by shaping what healthcare looks like and doing your life's best work.
Work alongside the medical records teamAnalyzing and scanning reports into internal software applicationsWorking within spreadsheets, entering informationFollow - up on medical records requestsMailing and / or printing medical recordsRunning and pulling reportsSending correspondences, as requested and to appropriate personnelWorking within a team environment
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 6+ months of administrative or clerical experience
- Data entry skills, with a minimum of 35 WPM
- Ability to utilize a Windows PC and navigate computer applications / software easily
- Experience with medical records
- Ability to listen attentively, read and interpret the critical content of an inquiry
- Excellent telephone etiquette skills
- Should have excellent communication skills: written and verbal communication.
- Should be able to handle a lot of data that is available, and all of this has to be done at good pace
- Should have patience when communicating with the patient / caller able to maintain their composure even if the customer is being rude
- Should have the skill of versatility; they will have to adapt to many situations regarding the patient / caller
- Should have strong problem - solving dispute resolution and negotiating skills
- Frequent sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Utilize multiple PC applications throughout the day
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG; United Health Group; Optum, Northwell, billing, insurance, medical, records, clerical, clerk, Melville