DescriptionThe Senior Privacy & Ethics Professional monitors compliance in accordance with government regulations relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). The Senior Privacy & Ethics Professional work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Privacy & Ethics Professional researches available resources and coordinates implementation of this highly specialized and technical information. Responsible for the coordination, facilitation, and communication necessary to prioritize, deliver, and evolve data governance in partnership with Enterprise Information Protection, the Enterprise Data Governance Group and other areas around the company. Analyzes, creates, improves and implements new compliance processes and practices across various functional areas of Humana. Consults on enterprise level projects. Assists with managing web and mobile application assurance and governance process. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Working knowledge of application development lifecycle, cloud based services/applications, data encryption, information security, data classification, business intelligent tools, web/mobile application development, digital marketing concepts, social media environment, Health Information Technology (HIT), SMS and/or email processes
- Knowledgeable in regulations regarding information security, data protection and/or health care privacy
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated relationship building skills
- Prior consulting and/or experience in a technical role
- Data Governance or related experiences such as Data Management, Security, Privacy
- Database development (Access and/or SQL)
- Project Management experience
- Process and business re-engineering experience
Scheduled Weekly Hours40