You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Create and deliver standard consumer insights around consumer profiling, market sizing, and target market analysis to key stakeholders
Develop predictive models based on demographic, psychographic, econometric and statistical data that deliver insights related to member enrollment
Undertake rigorous and meticulous data analysis to extract and distill key population insights that will be consumed by functions such as business strategy, product marketing, and consumer marketing
Develop presentations around insights to be delivered to constituents at all levels: strategic, tactical, operational, and across function: marketing, operations, finance, sales, etc.,
Jointly solution, with key business areas, around the appropriate analytics tools to solve their business issues
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative / business field such as analytics, statistics, or business management
- 5+ years of statistical modeling experience in applications such as SAS Enterprise Miner, SPSS, R or Python
- 3+ years of experience applying machine learning algorithms to build predictive models
- 5+ years of experience using SQL to extract data
- Experience translating research questions or business requirements into actionable work
- Proficiency in distilling insights and presenting to business leadership
- Working knowledge of relational databases and database structures
- Master’s degree in statistics, analytics, or data science
- Healthcare industry experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Consumer Analytics, Predictive Modeling, SAS, R, Python, SQL, SPSS