DescriptionThe Senior Data Scientist uses mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions. The Senior Data Scientist work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Data Scientist develops, maintains, and collects structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting. Creates reports, projections, models, and presentations to support business strategy and tactics. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Statistics, or Mathematics or other related field
- 4+ years’ experience completing data mining, manipulation, cleaning and technical analysis
- Experience leading large projects, processes or people
- Experience using technical and analytical tools to manipulate data using Python, PySpark etc.
Knowledge of working in big data environments
Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills, especially around data acquisition and delivery
- Team player with strong interpersonal relationship, team building, collaboration and facilitation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication with a proactive approach to sharing information and solving problems
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to manage multiple competing projects and initiatives
- Exposure to large-scale clinical or healthcare data
- Desire to learn complex predictive modeling, analytics consultation, and/or in depth clinical or outcomes based analytics
- Experience with statistical methods such as linear and non-linear regression, survival analysis, longitudinal analysis, propensity score match, cluster analyses, etc.
- Understanding of epidemiologic concepts such as confounding and interaction
- Demonstration of visualization techniques and experience utilizing visualization tools (such as Tableau/Qlik)
Scheduled Weekly Hours40