Conducts analysis with a focus on experimental design, assessment, execution, measurement of current programs, evaluation of proposed programs, behavioral analysis, data mining, customer segmentation, predictive modeling, site selection, performance management, and other relevant statistical analyses.
Serves as an internal consultant in identifying opportunities to improve decision making through the application of analytical concepts and techniques.
- Consults with internal clients to understand proposed programs. Conducts appropriate analyses to estimate program impacts.
- Consults with internal clients to understand how each program will be executed with the customer. Identifies issues that may affect program measurement. Provides appropriate lead lists to support program execution.
- Develops detailed measurement and analysis plans, including experimental design, data needed, task lists, and timing for each Marketing and/or Operations program. Collaborates with Financial Analysis to ensure program business case metrics and assumptions are in line with measurement plans.
- Executes measurement and analysis plans, providing accurate and comprehensive analyses of consumer response to programs, as well as revenue and profitability impacts, key findings and recommendations.
- Identifies needs for future analysis and modeling support. Anticipates data requirements and ensures required data is available to support current and future analysis.
- Conducts data mining to provide customer profiling, behavioral analysis, performance management analysis, targeting and segmentation as needed in support of business initiatives.
- Conducts business analyses that support management decision-making relative to client marketing and retail operations.
- Applies appropriate techniques to develop models that support marketing and operations efforts as well as business decisions.
- Utilizes model results to recommend appropriate targets for marketing campaigns and operations programs. Implements scoring algorithms. Tracks model performance.
- Designs and creates usable data models. Recommends new strategies for promotions and pricing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research, or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of two years model development, statistical methodologies, or quantitative analysis experience in the financial services industry.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of statistics.
- Knowledge of statistical modeling principles, concepts and techniques.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of database marketing.
- Proficiency with in SAS with an emphasis on statistical analysis, programming, data manipulation and data quality management skills.
- Strong statistical and quantitative analysis skills.
- Demonstrated critical conceptual and intellectual skills.
- Ability to use a systematic approach in solving problems through analysis and evaluation of alternative solutions.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning capabilities.
- Effective organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the Company.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated experience and success in communicating quantitative concepts to a business audience.
- Experience performing business analysis to include use of SAS, SAS STAT and Enterprise Miner.
- Experience in the application of database marketing principles and practices in the consumer market.
- Technical skills --
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer system.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to navigate on the Internet.