- Design, build and test PL/SQL scripts, functions and stored procedures to support ETL (extract-transform-load) processing
- Monitor performance of PL/SQL objects and take corrective action to improve results and reconcile discrepancies between the expectations of the business and the structure of the data
- Document all database objects, technical procedures, test plans and other elements.
- Collaborate with analytics and other teams to determine how current processing methods can be optimized, scaled, and improved
- Provide informed feedback for database design and data model decisions
- Support monthly data warehouse build process
- Code review
- Be a good team player and comfortable working in a team environment, delivering timing-critical high-quality deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Statistics or any discipline involving data analysis and programming or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of working experience as a programmer in a relational database environment (Oracle, SQL Server)
- 2+ years of data warehousing experience skills
- UNIX shell scripting
- Experience communicating technical information with technical and non-technical resources
- Must be able and willing to work daily in the Boston office
- Exposure to Hadoop or other NoSQL databases
- Perl/Python experience
- R experience
- Healthcare/life science experience
- Experience with clinical and/or claims data
- Understanding healthcare industry terminology and coding (e.g. NDC11, ICD9/ ICD10, HCPCS, CPT, LOINC)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Oracle, Teradata, SQL, database, database developer, ETL, Boston, MA, Massachusetts