DescriptionThe Design Strategist is a core team member of the award-winning Experience Design team. People in this role are leaders who guide the enterprise towards thoughtful, holistic design solutions and bring design thinking expertise to enterprise-wide strategic programs. The Design Strategist uses design and business methods to improve lives in innovative ways and meet business objectives.
Do you love analyzing complex problems and determining root causes?
Are you passionate about understanding people’s needs and motivations so the experiences you define genuinely make people's lives better?
Can you visualize complex information and value propositions, to help others easily grasp what’s important and why?
If so, come join our Experience Design team as we strive to fix healthcare from within!
- Systems thinker with expertise in the human-centered design process
- Plans and conducts ethnographic research studies, analyzes field data, and clearly communicates insights and opportunities that are actionable by designers
- Performs comprehensive analyses of the competitive landscape, stakeholder ecosystem, market forces, and trends shaping an industry
- Excels in verbal, written and visual communications, with a particular emphasis on problem framing, visual storytelling and strong information design
- Provides a strategic lens within front-end innovation projects that includes consideration of stakeholder experience journeys, product and service portfolios, and business cases
- Structure and conduct insight, concept generation, and concept roadmapping workshops
- Collaboratively create user personas, task analyses, storyboards, and varying levels of UI prototypes with internal clients, business partners, and the Consumer Experience Design team
- Defines new product, service and experience value propositions that are desirable for people, viable for the business and technically feasible. Builds business cases around ideas as a way to qualify their commercial potential.
- Designs business models that improve consumer experiences and the bottom line, in collaboration with business partners
- Actively participate in the Design Research / Design Strategy professional community and maintain expert knowledge of relevant research and strategy approaches, tools, and process improvements.
- Graduate degree in Design Planning or Design Strategy
- 5 – 7 years of proven experience in design planning and strategic design at a corporation, design consultancy, or innovation consultancy
- Entrepreneurial / Maker mindset
- Demonstrated experience translating qualitative, quantitative, and secondary research into insights and strategies
- Familiarity with both business and design planning frameworks and experience using them in a complex business environment
- Possesses an innate curiosity for understanding people and culture
- Demonstrated business acumen across Healthcare Product or Experience Development, Digital Product Development, or Service Development
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to achieve success on time and within budget.
- Ability to present work to executives, client teams, and colleagues in a convincing and engaging manner
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, In Design, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written, visual, and oral communication skills
- Portfolio required
- Ability to travel (20%)
- Fluent in a language beyond English
Scheduled Weekly Hours40