Act as an advocate for user-centered design to ensure well-designed products, with features and interfaces that allow customers to accomplish their tasks easily.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, analysis and strategy.
- Apply usability engineering methods to establish user requirements, test design solutions, and evaluate product implementation.
- Evaluate testing needs and develop overall testing strategy for the product year, determining the most effective usability evaluation method (formal and informal usability testing, low-fidelity prototype testing, expert review, heuristic review, walk-through) to use for each instance.
- Define test goals, establish participant requirements, write plans, and conduct test sessions.
- Create and conduct client satisfaction surveys to measure satisfaction and determine areas of improvement.
- Analyze findings from evaluations, user data, surveys, and competitive analysis, and recommend changes to improve the user experience.
- Product/Feature Design.
- Work closely with Online Tax Program Product Management team to interpret business needs and end-user requirements into well-designed features and interfaces. Participate in making design trade-offs between usability and available technology using understanding of development concerns that occur during the design and development cycles.
- Lead project team, consisting of members from other development teams who are working on a specific product feature, through the design process (requirements and user profile generation, task analysis, conceptual design, and detailed user interface (UI) design) for new or modified features. Examples of product features include tax interview, efiling interview, and assistants.
- Determine possible design innovation points.
- Design storyboards and prototypes of the user interaction model, workflow, information architecture, and user interface for new or modified features.
- Provide thought leadership on user-centered design, combined with knowledge/understanding of the business and technology perspectives.
- Write and illustrate complete feature design documents for product features.
- Facilitation of user-centric design implementation.
- Work with the graphic designers, development team, and project managers to ensure implementation of the specific designs.
- Develop interaction and user interface (UI) guidelines that describe aspects of the navigation, appearance, and interaction of OTP products.
- Drive improvements in customer satisfaction and implement design changes to support both business and user goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Business, Information Technology, Ergonomics, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience in the computer-human interaction field.
- Four to six years experience designing consumer web-based or software products, using a user-centered design approach.
- Minimum of two years experience conducting usability evaluations, using methods such as formal and informal usability testing, low-fidelity prototype testing, heuristic evaluations, expert reviews, and walk-throughs.
- Strong understanding of product development cycle.
- Ability to translate customer requirements into detailed design documents, including workflows, site maps, and wireframes. Ability to develop creative solutions within certain constraints - product engineering, schedules, and costs.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Exceptional listening skills.
- Capacity for strategic and associative thinking.
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams. – Engineering, application development, documentation, quality assurance, customer service, and marketing teams.
- Master’s degree in Human Factors or related field.
- Product knowledge and experience with financial tax related products.
- Experience managing projects and schedules.