Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states.
We are looking for Senior Direct Support Professionals (DSP) in the Elkridge, MD area to use best practices within a community-based residential setting to teach individuals with disabilities how to acquire the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social skills needed to live as independently as possible.
Starting rate: $12.50/hr
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the role of Direct Support Professional or related field.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Ability to establish a comfortable and supportive relationship with a person receiving supports.
- Assist individuals with daily living skills and the development of independent community skills.
- Accurately complete all in-house documentation and maintain case notes.
- Assist in the development of a weekly schedule for each consumer to maximize their time spent in the community.
- Complete training with individuals towards achieving Individual Habilitation Plan (IHP) goals.
- Administer medication(s), while monitoring and documenting the health and medical needs of the individuals.
- Accompany individual to and from appointments and activities.
- Maintain inventory and ensures adequate supply of groceries and household items.
- May oversee consumer funds.
- May act as supervisor in the absence of the Manager.
- May serve as train-the-trainer for various individual specifics training.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds (weight of average manual wheelchair when chair is empty)
- May transport participants in own vehicle (if applicable)
- Work will take place in the community and in the homes
- Insurance Options (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Holidays—Including a Birthday Holiday
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Incentive & Discount Programs
- 403b Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Exceptional Career Growth Opportunities
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: Resumes-HW@comop.org
Please Visit Our Website to Complete an Online Application!
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer