Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states. We believe in the dignity of every person, and in the freedom of all people to experience the highest degree of self-determination.
We are actively seeking an experienced Senior Direct Support Professional for our Daily Plan It (DPI) enterprise, who will be responsible for ensuring that supported individuals have the tools necessary to participate in a variety of volunteer and vocational activities.
The Daily Plan It (DPI) is a complete office, conference and copy center that offers furnished office rental space to a variety of businesses. Our participants receive valuable work experience in areas such as customer service, inventory management, quality and database management, as well as facilities maintenance.
Job Responsibilities of a Sr. Direct Support Professional:
- Develops a weekly schedule to maximize each consumer’s time engaged in relevant vocational programming.
- Works with the Program Manager to create long-term planning and sets goals for each consumer.
- Engages directly with the individuals on activities within the office setting as well as the community as per the goals set.
- Administers medication(s) and completes appropriate documentation should it be necessary.
- Accompanies individual to and from community based activities.
- Monitors personal and ISP documentation to ensure accuracy.
- Accurately documents: daily progress notes, daily training records and monthly reports of an individual’s progress.
- Complies with all internal and state regulations and participates in all inspections and investigations.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Home Community Based Service or related healthcare field.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Knowledge and understanding of state/local regulations.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Frequent lifting, stretching, and other physical exertion during positioning of consumer or equipment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds (average weight of an empty wheelchair).
- Work will take place in the community and in the homes.
What We Offer:
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Management Training- Leadership Development Program
- 403b with Employer Match
- Comprehensive benefits, including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance options.
- Various Employee Discount Programs
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: Resumes-ME@comop.org
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer