Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states. We believe in the dignity of every person, and in the freedom of all people to experience the highest degree of self-determination.
We are looking for Full-Time Senior Direct Support Professionals (DSP)/Caregivers/Home Health Aides to use best practices within a community-based residential setting to teach individuals with disabilities how to acquire the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social skills needed to live as independently as possible.
Starting Rate: $12.50/hr
Sr. Direct Support Professional Responsibilities:
- Assist individuals with daily living skills and the development of independent community skills.
- Accurately complete all in-house documentation and maintain case notes.
- Assist in the development of a weekly schedule for each consumer to maximize their time spent in the community.
- Complete training with individuals towards achieving Individual Habilitation Plan (IHP) goals.
- Administer medication(s), while monitoring and documenting the health and medical needs of the individuals.
- Accompany individual to and from appointments and activities.
- Maintain inventory and ensures adequate supply of groceries and household items.
- May oversee consumer funds.
- May act as supervisor in the absence of the Manager.
- Ensure an appropriate staff to client ratio at all times.
Sr. Direct Support Professional Qualifiactions:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the role of Direct Support Professional or related field.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Ability to establish a comfortable and supportive relationship with a person receiving supports.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds (weight of average manual wheelchair when chair is empty)
- Frequent lifting, stretching, and other physical exertion during positioning of consumer or equipment
- May transport participants in own vehicle (if applicable)
- Work will take place in the community and in the homes
What We Offer:
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Career/Professional Growth Opportunities including Community Options Leadership Academy Program
- 403b with Employer Match
- Comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision insurance options
- Various Employee Discount Programs
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: resumes-MD@comop.org
Please Visit Our Website to Complete an Online Application!
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer