You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Strategic and/or technical leadership on tool development and modernization
- Lead teams to deliver quality results
- Deliver expert consultation to internal staff and clients on matters related to trends in actuarial tools
- Provide expert consultation to clients on various dimensions of health care data while leading staff to deliver quality solutions
- Lead the design and development of actuarial solutions (models and processes)
- Assist the Payer Consulting team in driving business development goals and contribute to growth goals of the practice through the enhancement of diversified product offerings
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Information Technology, Healthcare Systems, or relevant discipline
- 12+ years of healthcare experience
- 10+ years of experience creating and/or modernizing actuarial tools and processes
- 5+ years of experience overseeing indirect project staff and/or direct reports; Leading with influence, motivation, and correction in a positive, constructive, and respectful way
- Ability to think strategically and having proven experience laying out strategy and developing products and / or services from ground up that are sold to the payer market
- Desire to actively be a part of a team responsible for developing and pursuing business opportunities both individually and as part of a team in support of the growth of the practice
- Ability to travel in the range of 20%
Actuarial Credential (ASA or FSA)
Previous consulting experience including but driving and meeting sales targets
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: actuary, ASA, FSA, actuarial tools, actuarial models, actuarial systems, actuarial processes, consulting, tool development, New York, NY, telecommute