The Senior Director, Corporate Strategy and Business Acceleration will work with executive and product leadership to frame the market, identify market opportunities, build analytics-based strategic plans, develop wide-ranging partnership processes and drive actionable decisions. In order to do this, the Senior Director, Corporate Strategy and Business Acceleration will have a strong understanding of market and competitive dynamics, customer needs, regulatory impacts, market trajectory, and Optum capabilities. In addition, the Senior Director, Corporate Strategy and Business Acceleration will “tell the story” throughout the organization to gain support and fuel execution planning. The Senior Director will also lead external discussions, lead analysis, make connections across the Optum and UHG and support broader corporate development activity.
If you are located in Boston, MA or New York, NY, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Build deep advisory relationships with Optum’s senior most leaders
- Lead and support cross-Optum initiatives spanning growth strategy and operational excellence by directly scoping, executing, controlling and closing strategy projects
- Lead large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives by working across Optum units and UnitedHealth Group as needed
- Deliver data-driven insights to support actionable strategic direction, corporate prioritization, and strategy communication (Executive management, Board, investors, company)
- Analyze industry trends, customer needs, competitive threats, expansion opportunities and internal performance
- Lead in a team environment within the strategy team and with business partners / customers
- Influence Senior Leadership at Optum and UHG to adopt new ideas, products and / or approaches and gain commitment on cross-company initiatives
- Nurture and develop strong relationships with Optum corporate and business unit leaders
- Support the corporate planning process and ad hoc projects for executives, corporate requests, and special events
- Promote professional development of strategy team members; enhance their skills and capabilities through project work and one-to-one coaching
- Lead strategy team development initiatives
- 5+ years of post-MBA experience
- Demonstrable leadership skills in a team setting where team members are not direct reports
- Directly managed people in delivering consulting / advisory services at the corporate level
- Superior conceptual, analytical and financial modeling skills
- Demonstrable ability to communicate data and strategic frameworks for executives
- Experience understanding competitive positioning / customer needs and analyzing trends
- Demonstrable ability to deliver results with large-scale, cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects to ensure their quality and on-time delivery
- Superior communication (written / verbal), presentation, and facilitation skills
- High energy, detail oriented and creative individual
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a fast-paced environment
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Corporate Strategy, Business Acceleration, MBA, Management Consulting, Boston, MA, New York, NY