If you are located in the United States or Latin America, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and implement long-range strategies that meet the quality, affordability, experience and growth goals of UHCG
- Develop and define key metrics and reporting, and facilitate regular reviews and performance analysis
- Assume primary responsibility for structuring and executing major supply chain operational and strategic initiatives; developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analysis, and developing final recommendations and manage execution across global teams
- Lead strategy for Supply Chain systems, data and policies.
- Collaborate with the strategic sourcing team on launches of global supplier contracts
- Participate as a member of the supply chain’s leadership staff developing strategic plans, annual operating plans, and budget preparation
- Global supply chain leader for systems and data requirements, including an ERP implementation, spend cube, data analysis, and vendor/item master
- Develop, train and mentor supply chain operations personnel and help assess overall global supply chain performance
- Support a culture that attracts, rewards and promotes high quality teams
- Develop, deploy, monitor, and enforce department policies and procedures
- Anticipated staff for this position includes 2-8 solid line FTEs, with a broader matrixed team
- Experience in solution design, build and implementation
- Strategic and analytical capabilities
- Strong knowledge of industry and/or UnitedHealth Group Enterprise
- Strong analytic, research, and database development/management skills with systems such as SAP, Oracle, Epicor, etc. or similar ERP systems
- An undergraduate degree required, preferably in business, finance or supply chain management.
- Fluent in English
- Able to travel internationally 25% of the time.
- Ability to earn trust as an advisor to clinical and business colleagues, able to influence decisions
- 5+ years proven leadership skills developing and leading strategic teams in a matrix environment
- Excellent judgment; ability to make sound business decisions with developed and rational business cases
- Highly accountable, capable of leading teams to deliver value according to plan
- Strong verbal, written, and listening skills
- Global strategic sourcing experience strongly preferred, in a contracting, supply chain management, and/or strategic sourcing leadership position
- Fluent in English, with Spanish and/or Portuguese
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Global Supply Chain, Director, VP, Strategic Sourcing, Materials Management, Vendor Management, Supplier Management, Procurement Director, United States, Latin America, Telecommute, Telecommuter