If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Government implements and operates solutions that provide a range of business services supporting State and Federal programs. Client contracts include multiple services that are internally provided by different teams across Optum and delivered in a matrix environment. The Program Delivery Leader role is the single senior on-site executive responsible to manage client relationships, transitional implementations, and on-going operations ensuring the client receives a high quality, professional and seamless integrated experience. Candidates must be comfortable pursuing a permanent role that is contingent on future award status with client
The ideal candidate has extensive experience as a delivery professional managing relationships with State or Federal government executives in both implementation and on-going operations phases of large government health services contracts. The ideal candidate will be an established leader with operational credibility and experience in the areas of implementing business service operations and Medicaid Management Information Systems (MMIS) or commercial off the shelf solutions (COTS), and leading efforts that bring best possible solutions to the marketplace.
Upon contract award, this role will have responsibility for all aspects of the implementation program including establishing relationships, establishing consistent governance and management processes, driving results within the contracted scope and managed budget expectations, and ensuring quality and value are delivered efficiently to the client.
The role will transition to on-going operational management end-to-end for all services after implementation. The role will also foster and support business development activities related to enhancements or additional scope. This individual will have strong executive presence and be able to clearly discuss and communicate product value and benefits to customers, prospects, and internal and external partners.
If you are located in the South Central Region of the U.S., you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Establish transition teams at the beginning of a new contract with efficiency and clarity for the client
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with the clients executive leadership
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with various Optum and UnitedHealthcare delivery teams
- Gain agreement and establish client management and governance procedures to be followed throughout the engagement
- Establish and manage the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution and completion of the implementation projects and on-going operational services
- Deliver results with efficiency, quality, and customer value; measure and report results to the client and to Optum stakeholders
- Engage client and Optum stakeholders to manage budgets, risks and timely resolution of issues
- Ensure in scope deployments are completed on time and per contract requirements
- Ensure operational services are delivered with quality and within KPI and SLA requirements
- Seek ways to continuously improve quality, effectiveness and efficiency with the client
- Prioritize multiple demands and ideas based on available resources
- Support decisions and act quickly and effectively to sustain progress
- Navigate and influence multiple cross-functional teams (both client, Optum and United Healthcare) in a complex work environment
- Lead the implementation of Optum Government products including business services and technology platforms for Integrated Eligibility, Optum Medicaid Managed Services, and new products and services under development or enhancement
- Foster and support business development opportunities while engaged with the client
- Bachelor’s degree
- 15 or more years of experience within client support and/or project management
- 5 or more years of experience in direct project oversight and authority over ongoing relationships with clients where it firm has implemented enterprise solutions and in excess of 10 million dollars
- 5 or more years of MMIS experience
- Experience managing a DDI project and transition to an ongoing M&O in a similar environment
- Experience working with State Medicaid programs
- Significant experience working within matrix environment with ability to influence without formal authority
- Based in South Central Region or willing to travel up to 90%
- IES experience
- Prior Management Consulting experience
- Experience building out a new programs/solutions in new markets
- Experience with end to end SDLC experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Program/ project management, MMIS, Client facing, 90% travel, IES, Management Consulting, State Medicaid, Telecommute, work from home, travel, WFH, telecommuting, telecommuter