Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
Responsible for development and maintenance of revenue-generating certification products that meet the accreditation standards of the National Commission for Certifying Agencies. (NCCA).
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develops, translates and executes strategies and functional / operational objectives for the DLN,Inc. certification products
- Drives consumer-directed products for a variety of markets and client channels
- Works across functions to operationalize product, expand capabilities and business lines and maximize revenue / cost savings opportunities
- Directs others to resolve complex, unusual and/or as yet undocumented business challenges that drive business expansion and growth
- Develops multi-year strategic plans to grow Distance Learning Network, Inc.’s Pharmacy Benefit Management Technician Certification Program and additional certification programs in membership, market share and revenue
- Prioritizes multiple demands and ideas based on available resources
- Supports the development of market and sales strategies and value proposition
- Support development of sales and marketing materials to support product growth
- Anticipates customer needs for product enhancements and improvements; and proactively develops solutions to meet them
- Provides subject matter expertise in areas including product development, global design, program specifications, and staffing projections
- Leads market and consumer research to inform the elements of future service model designs
- Articulates future state product vision and breaks down the steps to get there
- Engages external partners in search of complimentary capabilities and partnership opportunities
- Forecasts revenue or savings opportunities associated with product development initiatives
- Influences innovation to ensure aligned, cohesive progress across multiple areas including technology, marketing, service operations and accrediting organizations
- Prepare and communicate program level status reporting to key constituents, stakeholders, governance counsels and executive team
- Bachelor’s degree (business, marketing or related field preferred) or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of work experience in the health care industry
- 8+ years of experience in product / project management and process development
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Financial acuity
- Change management experience, helping an organization understand and adopt new ideologies and operations
- MBA, Master’s, or other advanced degree
- Experience in client management, account management, product solutioning, implementation, and/or consulting with large healthcare or BPO services organizations
- Experience in the accredited certification industry
- Proven leadership skills with an ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels of the organization, both in written and oral form
- Exhibits a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, organization and resourcefulness. Works well with ambiguity
- Strong problem solving skills that enable quick identification and efficient resolution of issues and/or opportunity for product development or enhancements
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Director, Product and Business Development, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home