No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
Revenue Cycle Growth Leads are key leaders within the Optum Advisory Services Provider business. They lead work in a traditional consulting "sell and do" model, meaning they have full responsibility for the scoping, selling, and delivering of engagements nationwide. As a Lead in the Revenue Cycle Consulting practice, you are a member of the practice leadership team, with responsibilities to help design and grow consulting offerings, hire and develop the delivery team, and align the Revenue Cycle Consulting practice with other Optum programs and resources.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- As a Lead within our organization you will have the opportunity to perform the following types of activities:
- Serve as a member of the Revenue Cycle Consulting leadership team
- Sell and lead consulting engagements at a set of key clients; ensure strong success in existing engagements so that client value is at highest end of expectations
- Participate in developing methodology and client offerings that address hospital performance issues and align with other available resources within Optum
- Provide thought leadership throughout Optum and other industry settings related to hospital and professional revenue cycle improvement
- Sales / Growth Leadership (70% Time Allocation):
- Play an active role in practice leadership responsibilities, including P&L performance, achievement of company and practice performance goals, development of offerings and methodologies, and shared oversight of consulting team for development and deployment
- Develop new Consulting services opportunities that enhance the ongoing strategic business relationship between Optum and Healthcare Provider market clients.
- Develop proposals and statements of work for client specific engagements
- Participate, support and complete RFI, RFP and sales process
- Complete financial analysis for proposed solutions
- Builds Marketing and Sales Collateral
- Attends and participates in oral presentations
- Define market needs & gaps to current capabilities (matrix with Marketing and Sales teams)
- Research and formulate solutions to address fluctuating market conditions
- Drive market acceptance, competitive advantage & customer satisfaction of Optum Solutions, Products and Services
- Define Points of View for best practices and develop key performance indicators to show value
- Identify and develop consulting offerings, products, services solutions that align with key market needs and or client initiatives
- Determine pricing models and options for new solutions
- Client Management and Client Satisfaction (30% Time Allocation):
- Perform a billable role to clients in oversight and hands-on execution of large scale projects/programs. Large scale programs are defined as high cost, high complexity and/or high risk.
- Establish trusted partner relationships to expand Optum’s footprint at designated clients
- Work with client to lay out strategic roadmap for consulting solutions
- Provide financial and data analysis to support ROI for project funding
- Obtains high client satisfaction scores (>90%)
- Develop and maintain clients reference
- 10+ years of progressive experience driving Revenue Cycle Performance Improvement for hospitals and physicians practices in a health system, consulting firm, or other third party setting
- 3+ years professional experience performing large deal sales and consulting services to hospital clients (Individual total sales size $3M annual)
- Financial reporting system and electronic medical record (EMR) experience with Epic, Cerner, and/or other national vendors; planning, implementation, go live, and optimization experience
- Experience leading or playing a key supporting role in the consulting sales process, including scoping, budget development, marketing, and closing
- Experience successfully leading, managing, and influencing in a highly matrixed environment Proven negotiation and persuasion skills
- Willingness to travel domestically up to 80% of the time
- Master's Degree
- Previous hospital management experience
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills; the ability to manage executive meetings and member interactions to desired outcomes
- Strong executive gravitas and the ability to develop credibility and deep relationships with C-level executives
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: healthcare, consulting, client, consultant, sales, provider, revenue cycle, advisory services, travel, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, OptumConsulting, telecommute, optuminsightconsulting