No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Director, Supplier Diversity and Sustainability, is responsible for the overall leadership of the Supplier Diversity and Sustainability Programs at UnitedHealth Group. This position will develop the vision, define the strategy, and oversee execution of the company’s centralized Supplier Diversity and Sustainability Programs. This role will have primary responsibility to establish annual goals, ensure implementation and performance of these Programs, and take lead on Program communications both internally and externally. This leader will interface with and influence the executive leadership level and partner with business and functional leaders to enable UnitedHealth Group to become a world-class leader in the area of Supplier Diversity and Sustainability.
This role will report through Enterprise Sourcing and Procurement in UnitedHealth Group and interface will all aspects of the business, including both United Healthcare and Optum. This role requires someone who is excited to lead in an organization that values innovation, relationships, and performance.
- Lead the continual evolvement of strategy for Enterprise-wide Supplier Diversity and Sustainability Programs aimed at achieving world-class Diversity & Inclusion performance
- Set clear objectives, goals, and deliverables; report progress and performance quarterly to Executive Leadership, ensuring alignment of strategies align with other organizational priorities
- Evaluate key data sources and work closely with internal and external resources to analyze data and use that data to create growth strategies
- Develop innovative approaches to training and development to further empower UHG employees to inject supplier diversity and sustainability into sourcing and buying decisions
- Work closely with business and category leaders to develop detailed supplier diversity and sustainability strategies in category plans
- Build and maintain relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide messaging, data and resources to RFP teams, sales teams and other business leaders to drive client acquisition and retention; participation in pre-bid meetings sales presentations as appropriate
- Evolve policy and standards for supplier diversity and sustainability that are consistent with the organization’s values and principles and align with business priorities
- Responsible for Program communication plan, both internal and external, in partnership with the Corporate Communications team
- Ensure contract language includes diversity and sustainability requirements
- Recommend and implement new supplier diversity and/or sustainability technology / tools, as required
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with Category Managers, line of business leaders, key stakeholders and suppliers. Share ownership and accountability for driving and delivering results through agreed upon strategies
- Results-oriented, ideally with a mix of strategic business skills and a passion for social change
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to follow-through and meet deadlines effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work collaboratively, accounting for various viewpoints and, at times, competing priorities
- Excellent strategic and critical thinking skills
- Ability to lead complex strategic projects in a cross functional team environment
- Experience influencing others to adopt practices and process, strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of experience leading Supplier Diversity Programs at other large organizations
- 10+ years of progressive leadership and people management experience
- Experience developing and/or fostering partnerships, particularly with nonprofits and industry associations
- Advanced skill level in MS Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sourcing, Procurement, Supply Chain, Diversity, Supplier, D&I, Leader, Director, Minneapolis, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota