If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group is starting on a multi year journey to significantly improve its total cost of care position in the market. This is a cross enterprise effort, led by executive leadership across United Healthcare and Optum, with oversight by the office of the CEO of UHG. Reporting to the CFO, UnitedHealth Networks, the Senior Director, Enterprise Value of Total Cost of Care initiatives will be a key leader of this effort, providing overall leadership along with driving operational, programmatic, analytical and communication outcomes to the UHC organization across network, clinical, pharmacy, clinical and payment integrity. He/She will also be responsible for leading change across the enterprise to deliver total cost of care outcomes, including with OptumHealth, OptumCare, OptumInsight and OptumRX and create synergy through purposeful integration of UHC and Optum assets and capabilities where needed.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Lead overall strategy for total cost of care, including framework and initiatives
- Establish long term and short term total cost of care MBOs and financial goals for UHC LOBs in partnership with LOB leadership and Finance leadership
- Provide management process and and coordination of the set of initiatives that will drive towards the total cost of care goals on an annual and multi year basis
- Establish consensus and clarity around total cost of care value and strategy, working with LOB Finance and P&L teams where needed in order to make optimal enterprise decisions
- Identify the framework and lead total cost of care capital spending across network, clinical, product and pharmacy
- Partner with healthcare economics and LOB on the total cost of care reporting framework
- Be a key partner to total cost of care leadership
- Communicate and partner with regional and local LOB CEOs on building and communicating total cost of care related strategies
- Drive executive total cost of care communications, including to the office of the UHC CEO, the office of the UHG CEO and the Board of Directors
- Facilitate strategy development with Payment Innovation team to drive contract modernization
- Lead OptumCare-UHC partnerships across Lines of Businesses
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
- Combined 8+ years of Finance and Strategy leadership experience in large and complex healthcare organizations
- Demonstrated ability to drive change at the organizational level
- Demonstrated ability to build alliances and work across a heavily matrixed organization towards success
- Innovative thinker
- MBA preferred
- Previous experience in a top tier consulting firm preferred
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.