DescriptionThe Senior Discovery/Open Innovation/Insights Sharing Professional produces mock-ups, models, or other preliminary versions of design concepts and final designs which can be explored, tested, evaluated and used to promote discussion and development. The Senior Discovery/Open Innovation/Insights Sharing Professional work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Discovery/Open Innovation/Insights Sharing Professional will lead strategy for External Discovery and Open Innovation strategy. The successful candidate will be accountable for cultivating relationships with external companies and leaders that will accelerate Humana’s strategy by leveraging CRM tools across a large matrixed environment. This role will be accountable for serving as the organization’s internal and external initial point of contact for healthcare start-up community. You will identify value props and capabilities of external partners that brings “outside Innovation in” to Humana. You will partner closely with leaders across the enterprise to understand areas of opportunities that Innovation could accelerate strategy internally. You will lead discovery efforts and deliver recommendations of build, partner, buy strategies to senior leaders and Humana’s investment committee. New concepts are expected to deliver HCS trend impact and improve the health outcome of our members. Primary responsibilities include:
- Humana Centered Design and Innovation Methodology leveraged consistently
- Identify and align Innovation strategy within Health Care Services organization and across the enterprise
- Develop relationships with leading companies, industry leaders, and startups to find disruptive solutions/technologies for Humana’s largest problems
- Experience working with startups and emerging companies to identify capabilities that will drive forward Humana’s enterprise strategy
- 5 plus years or more experience in strategy and innovation
- Experience partnering with start-up companies
- Ability to lead and develop
- Ability to identify strategic needs and develop strategy
- Deep understanding of strategic planning
- Ability to lead change
- Ability to think outside the box
- Experience building relationships with the ability to foster connections
- Strategic thinking and planning capabilities; organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm and motivation essential; a confident change-agent; strong selling and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Willingness to manage and prioritize diverse projects
- Graduate degree preferred
- Previous Healthcare experience preferred
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana.
After applying, we encourage you to join our Talent Network as well, so you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization in the changing world of healthcare.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40