If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
Under general direction, the Senior Employee Relations / Absence Management (ER / AM) Analyst will provide day to day support to employees and managers on a variety of employee relations, accommodations and absence management issues. The Senior ER / AM Analyst will provide technical guidance to the SERAs, ERCMs, HCPs and managers regarding the interpretation of policies, procedures related to all leave of absences, backfill requests and terminations and medical accommodations related to equipment requests. A Senior ER / AM Analyst will be expected to manage a case load and document information in the case management system.
- Manage a case load and document information in the case management system
- Provides guidance to the ER team on issues pertaining to attendance, backfill and termination requests for cases related to leave of absences
- Provides technical advice to HCPs, employees and managers. Partners with employee relations, absence management, legal department and risk management to ensure consistent application of policies and practices
- Manages the interactive accommodations process between employees and managers, and coordinates job task analysis with supervisors on a case by case basis
- Coordinates with managers and departments to implement job modification / accommodations; evaluates the need for assistive equipment or modifications to the work environment
- Consults with disability vendors, managers and HCPs on leave of absence, medical accommodations for equipment requests. Responsible for ensuring all relevant information is gathered from case management, disability vendor online tools, physician documentation and documented for the interactive accommodations process, or LOA legal panel, prior to recommending appropriate action
- Develops leave of absence and accommodations audit procedures and ensures compliance ongoing
- Supports the case management team in all leave of absence and accommodations activities
- Follows appropriate escalation guidelines related to leave, disability and medical accommodations cases. Ensures appropriate corporate personnel are notified of issues
- Handles “One Breath” situations related to leave of absences and accommodations according to protocol
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years of experience in employee relations, accommodations and/or absence management
- Absence management experience
- Knowledge of state and federal employment law
- Knowledge in ADA, ADAAA, FMLA, STD, LTD, W/
- PeopleSoft experience
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 6 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Total Absence Management, STD / LTD, FMLA, Accommodations, Employee Relations, Minneapolis, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota