The Senior Employee Relations Analyst will provide day-to-day support on a variety of employee relations issues, and is responsible for policy interpretation, information gathering, and resolution of issues consistent with UnitedHealth Group’s (UHG) model of employment policies and practices.
The position requires strong organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities, strong verbal / written communication skills, analytical problem solving, and time management and negotiating skills. A Sr. ER Analyst will consult with peers, ER Case Managers, ER Managers / Directors, and Human Capital Partners for opinions and precedent, and will be responsible for accurate and timely analysis of a variety of data to meet deadlines and commitments. The Sr. ER Analyst will handle incoming calls up to 3 hours a day, while managing their caseload, and ensuring cases are documented in the case management system.
- Consults with Human Capital Partners, Managers, and Employees to provide guidance on the employee relations model and to facilitate the resolution of issues consistent with policies and practices
- Handles performance, disciplinary, and termination issues for managers while following the appropriate case escalation and notification guidelines based on the subject matter
- Completes research from all available resources for due diligence in an effort to mitigate risk
- Resolves problems by clarifying issues; researching questions and exploring answers and alternative solutions, and consulting with others, as needed, prior to recommending appropriate actions
- Sense of urgency and competency to handle emergency “One Breath” situations according to UHG protocols
- Effectively and efficiently handles a call schedule of 2.5 to 3 hours per day from employees or managers
- 3+ years of experience in employee relations
- Knowledge of State and Federal employment law; working knowledge in ADA, FLSA, EEO
- BS or BA Degree
- Possess strong Windows, Excel, Word, PeopleSoft skills