Working in Operations at UnitedHealth Group
is one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people,
including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training
program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for
advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
If it sounds too good to be true, consider this: Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance structure that works better for more people in more ways.
- Loading new member or group data into the enrollment database & update the database with changes
- Responding to member eligibility or group questions & verify enrollment status
- Working with various types of member correspondence
- Reconciling eligibility discrepancies, analyzing transactional data & submitting retroactive eligibility change
- Inventory control of member and group transactions
- Working with underwriters and brokers and do the full enrollment process from inquiries to quotes
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures
- Works independently
- May act as a resource for others
- May coordinate others activities
- Ability to receive 30 - 40 incoming calls a day
- All communication with clients and enrollees are managed by email, telephone and occasionally in person
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- 3+ years customer service experience
- Property & Casualty Producer Insurance license or the ability to obtain license within 90 days of employment
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word (create and modify documents) and Microsoft Excel (create and modify spreadsheets)
- Available to work from the Towson, MD office and Columbia, MD office
- Available to work 40 hours per week within the operating hours of the site (7:00am - 7:00 pm)
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint (creating presentations)
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook (mail and calendar experience)
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, Military families and Veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Optum, healthcare, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Property and Casualty Producer Insurance, Product Specialist