DescriptionThe Senior Enterprise Architect translates business needs into technical systems solutions and architectural roadmaps. The Senior Enterprise Architect work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Role: Senior Enterprise Architect (Cloud)
Location: Louisville (preference) or WAH from US
In the fast-paced, ever-growing world of Healthcare, Humana relies on the latest technology and trends for sharing and storing information, communication and security. We need experts in technology to help us develop and maintain our networks, hardware, and software—to ensure our systems run smoothly and efficiently, keep us on the forefront of innovation in healthcare, and retain our competitive edge. At Humana, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates lead their best lives and achieve lifelong well-being. We look for talented individuals who share this passion for helping others, who have naturally curious and innovative minds, and who want a career where they can use their technical skills to make a positive impact on the lives of our members.
Be a part of the Technology team -- Be a strategic leader in cutting edge Healthcare technology.
Humana is seeking an Senior Enterprise Architect (Cloud) that will work with stakeholders, both leadership and subject matter experts, to understand and build architectural roadmaps and support for improvements and modernization of a large scale, multi-site environment. This role is critical in leading evaluations, providing actionable recommendations, both tactically and strategic, and developing deployable reference architectures that will serve as the foundation for application workloads running in public cloud environments.
The Senior Enterprise Architect (Cloud) analyzes, translates, and composes both technical and non-technical information into clearly readable documents, design artifacts, and deployable reference stacks (i.e., code) that are used by technical and non-technical personnel. The scope and type of work products will range widely and artifacts will be used at multiple levels of the organization.
- Align IT architecture technology strategy and frameworks to enable the company's business strategy and goals, by providing guidance and building consensus among and across stakeholders.
- Translate strategies into target architectures and roadmaps; articulate and evangelize design/architectural roadmaps across the organization.
- Define current enterprise architecture, and identify issues or disruptive technologies within it.
- Refine and/or redesign, and develop reference architecture to meet the organization’s changing business requirements.
- Define and manage a review process to evaluate project proposals for architectural fit, ensuring the consistency and compliancy of architecture deliverables across the enterprise.
- Be involved in the development of policies, standards, and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation, and use of cloud technology within the enterprise.
- Participate in architecture definition for Cloud Initiatives utilizing industry best practices and technologies.
- Facilitate/lead/participate in identification of Design/Solution options to meet enterprise and technical requirements.
- Provide hands-on designs, prototypes, and implementations incorporating architecture & software engineering best practices.
- Learn and analyze current industry technology trends, best practices and patterns for Cloud Development.
- Evaluate tools, technologies and POCs related to Cloud technologies/solutions.
- BS Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related degree.
- Experience designing, integrating, and managing complex infrastructure and application solutions
- 7+ years in the software engineering and IT Architecture & Solution Delivery
- Experience in architecture with at least one public Cloud Platform including: (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Demonstrated work history with cloud architecture, design and implementation
- Understanding of industry best practices and patterns for cloud services, automation and integration
- Ability to work independently and willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies at the pace of public cloud service providers
- Strong understanding across cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data) and cloud abstracted platform services to deliver end to end cloud architectures and designs with full-stack awareness
- Understands and can articulate the technical and business merits and value of public cloud computing
- Passionate, persuasive, articulate cloud professional capable of quickly establishing interest and credibility in how to design, deploy and operate cloud based architectures
- Strong written, verbal and white board skills
- Strong practical experience administering and scripting automation for Linux or Windows systems (e.g., Python, Ruby, bash, PowerShell)
- Experience with Continuous Integration & Delivery (CI/CD)
- Working knowledge of Cloud technologies such as: (Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Packer, CloudFormation)
- Relevant Industry certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Microsoft Certified Solutions Architect Cloud Platform, or Google Professional Cloud Architect strongly preferred
- Experience in leading a team applying all elements of Technical Consulting
This area is under the leadership of Director of Enterprise Architecture.
Humana is an organization with careers that change lives—including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If you’re ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being, and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40